Saturday, February 15, 2014

Speaking Engagements

I have a number of upcoming speaking engagements, the preparation for which is taking up the time I would have spent on a more substantive blog post this week.

On Wednesday, February 19, 2014, I will be speaking on “Delusions and Testamentary Capacity,” at the Canadian Bar Association, Okanagan Wills and Trusts Subsection. This is open to subsection members.

On Wednesday, February 26, 2014, I will be speaking about wills and estate planning at Seniors Outreach, 102-2055 Benvoulin Court, Kelowna, B.C. at one of their Seniors Coffee Break meetings from 10:00 to 11:30 am.  This is open to interested seniors, but please call (250) 861-6180 to register as seating is limited.

On Wednesday, March 5, 2014, Kim Wallis and I will be presenting on the new Wills, Estates and Succession Act to RBC financial advisors.

On Monday, March 17, 2014, Keith Sabey and I will be speaking about wills and estate law to a University of British Columbia Okanagan political science law class.

On April 15, 2014, Kim Wallis and I will be making our Wills, Estates and Succession Act presentation at the Kelowna Estate Planning Society meeting.

On Saturday May 3, 2014, I will be making a case comment (not sure which case yet) at the CBABC Wills and Trusts Sections Joint Conference and Retreat 2014. Registration information is available here.

On Tuesday, May 6, 2014, Geoff White and I will take our “Battle of the Lawyers” presentation on the road to Vancouver for a joint meeting of the CBA, Vancouver Wills and Trusts section and the Vancouver Estate Planning Council. 


That’s all for the foreseeable future.

No comments: