Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Yet Another Email Scam

I received the following email, addressed to "undisclosed recipients," a few minutes ago:

For your attention.

Sequel to your non response of my earlier letter to you, on behalf of the Trustees and Executors to the Will of my late client.

I wish to notify you that I listed you as a beneficiary to the total sum of (Twenty Eight Million Five Hundred Thousand British Pounds) in the codicil, last testament of the deceased.

Until his death he was a private contractor and a great philanthropist during his life time, he died on 9th January 2006 at the age of 68.

He was buried on the 3rd of February and although he is a foreigner living and working here, he requested before his death that he be buried here in his words.

I therefore reckoned that you can receive this fund as you are qualified by your name identity, all your necessary information will be passed to the bank which the funds are deposited immediately for the release of this sum of money to you, on receipt of your response .

Yours in Service.
Barrister James Peters.


Do people really fall for this one?

No comments: