Saturday, December 23, 2006

Wills and Travel

I notice that quite a few people make appointments with me to give me will instructions before they go south for the winter, or go on a vacation. I encourage this. After all it is good for business.

I don't think my clients really fear that something will happen on their trips. Rather the planned trip provides people with a self-imposed time-limit for getting their estate planning done. When we go on a vacation, it may also give us peace-of-mind to know that we have done our estate planning.

In any case, doing estate planning before a trip appears to me to be good for your health. I am pleased to say that all of the people who have had me draft wills for them before travelling have returned home safely.

If you are travelling this holiday season, I wish you a safe and happy trip.

No comments: