Monday, September 25, 2006

Blogger Beta and Labels

I have switched my blog to the new Blogger Beta.

The main advantage is that I now have labels for my posts, so that you can read all of my posts on a given topic. For example, if you are reading a post about the Wills Variation Act, you can click on the words "Wills Variation Act" at the bottom of my post, and see my other articles on that topic.

I have also been experimenting with the layout. I can switch from my old layout to a new layout that allows me to make certain changes. The main advantage with the new layout is that I can include the label topics in my sidebar.

I am not sure if I will stick with the new layout, or go back to my old one, which is saved. I have two concerns with the new layout. First, I haven't figured out how to get my Haloscan comments and trackback on it. Secondly, I find that in my posts, the print spacing seems to change after the conclusion of a quote.

My other concern is that neither Bloglines nor Feedblitz is picking up my feed. I hope that this is temporary.

No comments: