Tuesday, July 11, 2006

British Columbia Law Institute Succession Law Reform Project Publishes Its Report

The British Columbia Law Institute has completed a comprehensive review of British Columbia's succession law. This was a major undertaking, and I congratulate the committee and subcommittee members and staff for all of their thoughtful work. The report, entitled Wills, Estates and Succession: A Modern Legal Framework, was published in June, and you can read it here.

I would like to see some significant debate among the wills and estates bar, including those involved in estate planning and estate litigation, as well as other interested members of the public before any legislation is passed. I intend to write quite a few posts over the next year on the report, including my editorial comments. I invite others to provide their comments on my posts.

No comments: