Monday, January 02, 2006

Wills, Trusts & Estates Blogs

There are a few blogs I enjoy reading that have a strong emphasis on wills, trusts and estates. Some of them also have posts on business and real estate law. I subscribe to them in bloglines. Here is the list:

California Estate and Business Law Blog - by California lawyer Clark Allison
Death and Taxes - The Blog - by Illinois lawyer Joel Schoenmeyer
Florida Probate Litigation Blog - by Florida lawyer Juan Antunez
New York Probate and Estate Litigation Blog - by New York state lawyer Philip Bernstein
Wills, Trusts & Estates Profs Blog - by Texas Tech Univ. School of Law Professor Gerry W. Beyer
You and Yours Blawg - by New Jersey lawyer Deirdre R. Wheatley-Liss.

All of these blogs deal with the law in other jurisdictions from mine. I find it interesting when lawyers in the United States write about the same topics as I do. Although the laws sometimes differ, the same issues seem to arise no matter where you live.

I have changed my sidebar links to include a category for blogs that deal with wills, trusts and estates. I have also taken off my bloglines blogroll. Although I had some great blogs listed in my blogroll, I decided to focus my sidebar links to blogs and websites that are connected to my blog's subject. (In the best traditions of nepotism, I have left the "Rule Blogs" in my sidebar links.)

Although there are a number of Canadian lawyer websites with good articles, I have not found any other Canadian blogs that emphasize this area of law.

If you have a blog--or know of one--that deals with wills, trusts, and estates, whether in Canada, or in another jurisdiction, please let me know.

No comments: